Thursday, April 12, 2012

Things are just great so far. I am in Gatlinburg, TN, almost through the Smokies. We are taking a zero day and resting two nights, much needed by our bodies. My parents are down here and taking real good care of us. We got some real good food into us. Tonight we hit up Tony Gore's. I had beef brisket, pulled pork, ribs, potato salad, cole slaw, and hush puppies. It was brilliant! Tomorrow I plan to pack out McDonald's into the wild. That should gain some comments from fellow hikers. I got a new pair of shoes that I hope will improve my feet issues. Taking time off from the trails to enjoy the small towns is nice, though, I feel tomorrow may be tough going back out. We'll do a light day of hiking, and by evenfall I'll feel right back at home in nature. It was 10 days since I was on this thing called the internet. I was greeted with lots of support and praise. Thank You all! It helps and means a lot.

1 comment: