Thursday, May 3, 2012

I am taking some time off for Norm's brother's bachelor party. We left Damascus on the Greyhound Wednesday, which was an experience in itself, and are in Richmond with my best friend Bret until Friday when we head to Virginia Beach. Sunday we will be returning to Marion and hopefully re-hitting the trail on Monday. It is a long break, yet a good one I think. I'm not quite sure how I feel about it. Leaving the trail for more than a couple days leaves my body to recover but my mind with mixed emotions. We will see how things go. Up in Pennsylvania I will be taking another long break. I have traveled 21% of the trail but will be in VA for 25% more. I can already sense the mental battle at times. I have my iPod now, though, which may help tremendously at times. We've met some great people, and I look forward to catching back up to them.

As a side note, I have shaved my head.


2 comments:

  1. It was a pleasure housing you guys. Enjoy the surf for a few days

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It is always a pleasure coming down to Richmond.

      Delete