Saturday, July 14, 2012

Connecticut, although only 52 miles, has had its diversity. The trail has been gentle and beautiful at times, while others have been rocky and extremely challenging. The bugs and heat have been brutal, but I'm starting to feel better about where I'm at. I'm really liking New England, especially the old history it has to offer, and am very excited for a zero day Monday, in Great Barrington, Massachusetts. Many have spoken highly of this town.

Currently though, I am in Salisbury, Connecticut, which has instantly jumped up to one of my favorite trail towns. It's a nice little weekender town. Gail, if you read this, thank you. You are so kind. We met at the Country Bistro this morning, which offered great food and conversation. Gail has offered to let us swim in her pool. The plan is now to push to the border later today and get to Shays' Rebellion tomorrow afternoon. This would put us only 2 miles from our luxurious Comfort Inn, where we are staying Monday night. I believe this is all well deserved, for we have put in some extra effort as of late.

No comments:

Post a Comment