Sunday, July 29, 2012

My last big break is coming to an end. Tomorrow I will be on the train back to Vermont. Breaks are always good and bad I have found. It's great to rest your body and see family and friends, but it can be difficult mentally to start back up.

Thursday I will enter into New Hampshire beginning the 2nd to last state and according to many the most difficult. NH comprises the White Mountains which are the most beautiful, difficult, and dangerous mountains on the trail, often being above tree line. Mt. Washington is in this range. From there is Maine, which is said to be the most rugged state. I will be fording waters and hiking through some very remote areas.

It is back into the wilderness and cell service may be scarce, so posts may be limited, but I will do what I can.

The last leg is upon me and is what I have been looking forward to for four months. Bring it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment