Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Well folks, I'm all but done. As of yesterday I hiked everything except for Katahdin. I was at the foot of it yesterday, and the thing is BIG. I will be spending two days in Millinocket, before summitting Thursday, weather permitting. My parents are coming up tomorrow night, which I am very glad for, and this weekend, at long last, I will return home.

5.2 extremely tough miles remain. It is a 4,000 foot climb, mostly above treeline, with 3,000 feet occurring in just 2.3 miles. Seeing the sign with 'Northern Terminus of the Appalachian Trail' on it is all that matters. It will be an emotional time. I look forward to sharing my experiences with you all.

Katahdin from Abol Bridge. The peak is covered in clouds, as it often is.
(by the way, I camped my last night where those boats are)



No comments:

Post a Comment